Hasselback Chicken (I adapted this from the YT)
Splash of macadamia oil
50g Fresh Spinach
50g Ricotta Cheese
300g raw skinless Chicken Breasts
40g Aged cheddar cheese
Smoked sea salt and Pepper
1. Cook the spinach on a medium heat in a splash of oil for 3-5 minutes until it is slightly wilted.
2. Stir in the ricotta and cook for a further 30-60 seconds. Allow to cool.
3. Cut slits into the chicken breasts about 1cm apart but don’t cut all the way through – about 75% of the way down is what you should aim for, but don’t stress over it.
4. Stuff all of the spinach and ricotta mixture into the slits.
5. Season WELL the chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Grate the cheddar and sprinkle it generously on top.
7. Shake a good bit of cajun seasoning over the chicken to add some colour and flavour.
8. Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes 200°C until the cheese has melted and the juices are clear.
Per serve: Cals 291, 4-1g carbs, 13g fat, 42g protein
Recipe posted by: Dale Hoffman