Slow Cooker Pepperoni and Chicken
== adjust ingredients/portion size to your macros ==
Originally shared by: Katie Crider
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• salt, to taste
• black pepper, to taste
• 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• ½ teaspoon basil
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 35 turkey pepperonis, sliced in half
• ½ cup sliced reduced-sodium black olives
1. Place the chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker, and season the tops with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the chicken broth, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes, then pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
3. Next, add the pepperoni and the olives to the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. , or until the chicken falls apart and can be easily shredded.
5. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker with tongs or 2 forks, and mix it up to absorb the remaining liquid for an additional 30 minutes.
Per Serving: (1 cup)
Calories: 307 Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 142mg Sodium: 789mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 52g
RECIPE SOURCE: https://www.skinnymom.com/slow-cooker-pepperoni-and-chicken/
Recipe link courtesy of: Brenda Richards