Perfect Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs
6 skin on, bone in chicken thighs
1 Tbsp bacon grease
1. Preheat oven @ 475°F
2. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
3. Heat grease in a 12″ cast iron skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking
4. Nestle chicken in skillet, SKIN SIDE DOWN and cook for 2 mins.
5. Reduce heat to med-high. Continue cooking skin side down, occasionally rearranging chicken thighs and rotating pan to evenly distribute heat until fat renders and skin is golden brown, about 12 mins.
6. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 13 more mins.
7. Flip chicken. Continue cooking until skin crisps and meat is cooked through, about 5 mins longer.
8. Transfer to plate. Let rest for 5 mins before serving.
Recipe posted by: Lee Ann Hand