Ground Beef Stroganoff
2 Tbsp butter or ghee
1/2 med onion
8 oz sliced white mushrooms (optional for those with candida issue)
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1.5 tsp thyme
1.5 tsp dried rosemary
1 clove garlic
1 tsp arrowroot powder
1.5 cups beef broth
2/3 cup thick coconut cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
*zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice
1. Melt butter/ghee in a skillet. Add mushrooms and onion and sauté. Set aside
2. Brown ground beef in skillet. Return onions and mushrooms to the pan.
3. Add tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Sauté for about 3 mins.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle arrowroot powder and stir to combine until completely mixed in. Add beef broth and stir to thicken.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins. Remove from heat and let cool for a couple of mins.
6. Stir in the thick coconut cream.
7. Serve over cooked cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
Posted by: Lee Ann Hand