GREEK MARINATED CHICKEN
=== adjust ingredients/portion size to your macros ===
PREP TIME 45 mins
COOK TIME 60 mins
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 45 mins
Serves: 8 pieces
• 1 cup plain yogurt (Remember Fage yogurt you can count ½ the carbs….I believe.)
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ Tbsp dried oregano
• 1 medium lemon
• ½ tsp salt
• freshly cracked pepper
• ¼ bunch fresh parsley
• 3½ to 4 lbs chicken pieces
1. To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Use a fine holed cheese grater or a zester to scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the bowl. Also add the juice from half of the lemon (about 1-2 Tbsp). Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Roughly chop a big handful, or about ¼ bunch, of parsley and stir it into the marinade.
2. Add the chicken pieces and marinade to a gallon sized zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible, close the bag tightly, and massage the bag to mix the contents and make sure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate the bag for 30 minutes.
3. After marinating for 30 minutes, either cook the chicken on a grill OR preheat the oven to 375 degrees in preparation to bake the chicken.
4. To bake the chicken, place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9×13). Bake the chicken in the preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
This recipe is extra garlicky. If you’re not into heavy garlic, try starting with two cloves instead of four. (Would also reduce some carbs)
RECIPE SOURCE: http://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/06/greek-marinated-chicken/
Recipe link courtesy of: Brenda Richards