An Italian Classic without the Carbs
Prep Time 15 min / Cook Time 20 min / Serves 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon butter
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, quartered
¼ cup diced red onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1⁄4 cup Marsala wine
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon beef base
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Generously season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan, cooking 4 minutes on each side, or until slicing into the thickest piece reveals no pink. Remove and set aside chicken.
3. To the same pan, add butter and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms begin to brown. Stir in onion and garlic and continue cooking 1 minute
4. Deglaze the pan with the Marsala wine, and then stir in heavy cream, beef base, pepper, and parsley. Let simmer 4 minutes, or until liquid has reduced by about half.
5. Return chicken to the hot sauce before serving.
Beef base is sold in small jars near the bouillon cubes in the grocery store. Not only is it less processed than bouillon cubes, it contains less salt and more flavor. In a pinch, you can substitute 1 bouillon cube in this recipe.
When shopping for Marsala wine, “Cream Marsala” is the best for cooking.
Recipe by George Stella but posted by Low Carbing Among Friends on FB
Recipe posted by: SummerMarie Hepler