Chicken Egg Foo Young (Makes 3 servings)
• 5 egg (50 g), Large Eggs (Raw)
• 0.50 cup, egg whites
• 2 tsp, Minced Garlic
• 0.25 cup, chicken broth
• 318 gram, Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless (Precook it and dice or shred it)
• 30 gram, Green Onion Raw, Diced
• 100 grams, Bean Sprouts (I used canned & drained)
• 50 g, Sliced Mushrooms
• 50 gram, Chopped Green Peppers
• 1 tbs, Coconut oil
1. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add chicken broth, mushrooms, bean sprouts, bell peppers, scallions, chicken and garlic. Stir until all the ingredients are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cooking the foo young pancakes: In a pan over medium high heat, add coconut oil. Using a ladle, pour small amounts of egg mixture into the pan and make 2-4 little pancakes at a time. Cook on both sides for 2-3, until slightly brown, and transfer two pancakes per plate. Work in batches until all the mixture has been used. (I actually divided the recipe into thirds and cooked each portion at a time.)
I served this 1 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar mixed with 1 tbsp of coconut aminos.
The macros for 1 serving ….including sauce…(as shown) are 39P/15F/7C (6NC)
Sorry for the fuzzy pic….I was feeling a bit *hangry* and wanted to eat this numminess.
Recipe by: Brenda Richards