Bren’s Shredded Chicken-Crust Pizza
For my chicken-crust pizza, I use cooked chicken that has been shredded. I get kind of grossed out working with raw meats….I know, go figure that I chose a ketogenic diet. I can do it, but if I can find a work-around, I do so. This is my work around. Of course, this recipe is inspired by the KD-famous Dale’s Chicken Crust Pizza. 🙂
1. Chicken that results from 6 oz of raw chicken breast that has been poached & shredded. For me, this ended up being about 4 oz of cooked, shredded chicken breast.
2. 6 tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese
3. 6 tablespoons of egg whites
4. Italian seasoning & garlic powder (measure and track what you use)
5. Whatever toppings you want to add that will meet your macros.
Preheat the oven to 400F.
I throw the chicken in my Magic Bullet Blender, a little at a time, and pulse. I dump it out into a bowl after each mini-batch of chicken. Then I do the same with the cheese. It should be a fairly powdered consistency. Mix in the egg whites and spices. Turn onto parchment paper and spread around with a spatula.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out and flip over. (I usually just flip the parchment paper over and throw the paper away.) Bake for another 5 minutes. Remove & top with whatever toppings you want. Return to the oven for a few more minutes.
For just the crust (as described), it is 60 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, 0 grams of carbs. I add enough that I make at least 80 grams of protein and split the pizza into two meals. Just plan your toppings to meet your macros.
Recipe by: Brenda Richards